Being Is Not Afraid To Feel Any Of It...

Being is not afraid to feel any of it.  There is nothing it denies or rejects.  It is not trying to prove it's awakening, nor does it need to hold onto an "awakened state" in order to remain peaceful and loving.  This gives so much permission to just be and allow light to illuminate my actions that are based in fear and feelings of not being loved.

For example, I will be in the middle of an argument with my husband and all of the sudden I can't help but to stop and breathe deeply.  Being shines light on the waves of essentially feeling unloved and I allow the pain of it.  The raw wound of this not the problem; it never has been.  The protecting of it is what created the war within myself and all my relations.  I can taste the strategies and ways that I want to control my surroundings because of this feeling of not being loved.  And in this honesty with myself the strategies hold no power over me and my whole world shifts immediately.  My conversation with my husband becomes about what is real.  My vulnerability and softness opens him and whatever we were fighting about gives way.  Our relating becomes infused with Love and openness and we are able to make decisions together based in this, instead of from fear and threat.

The Love is always here but it takes vigilant honesty with ourselves to see the ways we are actually choosing not to embrace it.   Allowing the rawness of this limited human being to be felt without protecting ourselves lets Love shine in and transcend our actions of fear.

It reminds me of a quote from Rumi:

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."





Comments

Popular Posts